UPDATED: Not being able open as planned on August 27th, because Pinal County benchmarks did not meet the "moderate" phase, LA Fitness is hopeful that they'll be able to open their San Tan Valley location this Thursday, September 3rd at noon.
LA Fitness and Esporta Fitness sent out notices this morning to members stating that they "are optimistic that we will be allowed to re-open our clubs this week on Thursday, August 27 at 12 noon."
Per the release, the benchmarks that they were originally told would determine when gyms could re-open have all been moving in the right direction. "The number of cases, percentage of positivity and COVID-like illnesses have all been on the decline, indicating an imminent reclassification of the risk level in the counties where we operate from the Substantial to the Moderate phase, which would permit us to open without approval of a special re-opening plan as long as we follow the previously established guidelines for gyms in the Moderate phase."
If the numbers confirm that Pinal County is in the Moderate phase, they are prepared to immediately re-open their San Tan Valley club at 12 noon that day.The club hours will be:
- Monday – Friday 6am – 8pm
- Saturday & Sunday 8am – 5pm
Here are some additional changes you can expect for now:
- Face coverings will be required at all times, even when exercising. Please bring your own face coverings. We will be checking at the door.
- Building occupancy will be capped at 25% (as required while in the Moderate phase) to allow for proper social distancing. We are keeping track of the capacity through our check-in/check-out system.
- We will be checking everyone's temperature at the door, and you will be asked to self-screen for symptoms. For everyone's safety, please stay home if you have a fever or other symptoms of COVID-19, such as chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, fatigue, headache, muscle/body aches, runny nose/congestion, new loss of taste or smell, or nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or if you have had close contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Workers will also be screened at each shift to be certain they are not experiencing symptoms.
- Everyone must check-in one by one and use contactless check-in. Our LA Fitness mobile app has a feature that allows for this and will also alert you if the club is at capacity, and when there is space available for you to enter.
- We have closed off some equipment to comply with physical distancing requirements. Pool use will also be limited to every other lane and only one person per lane.
- Some club amenities may be closed, including the Kids Klub, basketball court, racquetball courts, water fountains, showers, spas and saunas/steam rooms.
- Showers and locker access will be closed, so please consider arriving at the club dressed in workout attire.
- Bring your own towel, mat and water.
- The availability of group exercise classes may be limited to allow for additional cleaning between classes. You will be required to reserve your spot in a group fitness class online or by telephone in advance of attending the class.
- Personal training is permitted with a 6-foot distance between the member and trainer.
- All staff have been trained to participate in cleaning and disinfecting.
The expiration date on memberships will be extended to cover the amount of time the club was not available to its members during this closure.
If the COVID case trends unexpectedly take a negative turn between now and August 27th and they are not allowed to re-open on that date, we will update the article with the new re-opening and billing dates.