The Ironwood Drive from Germann Road to the Elliot Road Alignment project began in Spring 2017 with an anticipated completion date at the end of Spring 2018.
As a major arterial connecting Apache Junction, San Tan Valley and Queen Creek, Ironwood Drive safety improvements are greatly needed to better serve the amount of motorists on this road. So what does this project do?
- Outside shoulders are being added to both north and south bound lanes.
- Construction of center turn lanes at existing access points are being implemented along the corridor.
- A cable barrier is being installed to reinforce safety along median.
- Embankment construction to assist in proper drainage throughout the area of the project.
Pinal County Public Works understands the challenges and frustration of roadwork, but unfortunately to make such sufficient safety improvements it is unavoidable. They are aware of the impact on motorists and citizens of Pinal County and are doing their diligence to plan accordingly.
"We greatly appreciate your patience as we make these necessary improvements", said Public Works Directory, Louis Anderson. "Please drive with caution, be aware of all traffic signage and work crews and plan for extra travel time."
It is recommended that travelers use alternative routes if at all possible to improve your daily commute as construction delays are anticipated throughout the beginning of next year.
- Heavy haul work for dumping material along east side of Ironwood Drive started the beginning of November.
- The traffic signal at Germann Rd and Ironwood Drive will operate in flash mode with off duty Sheriff intermittently stopping north and south traffic for east bound heavy equipment vehicles on Germann Rd entering Ironwood Drive.
- Germann Road is closed from Ironwood Drive to Kenworthy Road. Traffic will be detoured to Pima Road to improve safety for Off Duty Sheriff Officers handling construction traffic at the intersection of Ironwood Drive and Germann Road and to enable continuous north and south traffic flow on Ironwood Drive.
- Current work and closure is estimated to last through first week of December.
- October 2017 Shoulder buildup and paving on west side of project is completed.
- November 2017 Filling in east side of project and installing pipe in median.
- December 2017 Paving east side of project and including 6 center turn lane locations.
- January 2018 Installing median cable barrier along full length of project. Installation will end in February.
Note: Due to the nature of construction, schedules are subject to change without prior notice. We advise all motorists to be mindful of all posted signage, traffic control, flaggers, Off Duty Sheriff Officers and construction crews.BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS