San Tan Valley man severely burned in pot lab blast

San Tan Valley man severely burned in pot lab blast
San Tan Valley man severely burned in pot lab blast

Investigators are looking into an explosion of butane hash oil (BHO) that severely burned a San Tan Valley man Friday night.

The victim was airlifted to the hospital with third-degree burns to his head, arms and legs. His lungs suffered severe heat and smoke damage, Pinal County Sheriff's spokeswoman Navideh Forghani said.

At daybreak Saturday, Pinal County sheriff's deputies remained at a home in the 1200 block of E. Country Crossing Way. They were waiting for a judge to sign off on a search warrant so they could enter the home.

Authorities said the fire was due to an active BHO lab at the home. Investigators found 27 cans butane, a BHO extractor, raw marijuana and butane honey oil. Remnants of a marijuana grow operation were also discovered at the home, Forghani said.

PCSO and fire crews were called out for a house fire just past 9:45 p.m. The fire heavily damaged the top floor of the home. A Rural Metro Fire spokesman said a house next door also sustained some damage.

Pictures show crime tape draped around the home where the fire started.

 

BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS

Classifieds