Although 32 cases is not an unusually high number of absences, stopping the spread of this virulent bug is best accomplished by a joint effort, including both school and home. As the saying goes, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” Our maintenance teams at Skyline will be working this weekend to clean and sterilize the communal areas of the schools and the affected classrooms, and we encourage you, no matter what school your child attends, to be aware and to take common sense precautions to protect yourself and your children to limit the spread of the disease.
- Wash your hands frequently, and remind your children to do the same
- Remind your children not to share drinks, food or eating utensils
- Clean all surfaces thoroughly
- Be sure kids drink plenty of fluids and eat well in order to support their immune systems
- Do not send your child to school if he or she is showing symptoms
Thank you for your cooperation as we work together to ensure the health and safety of our kids!